50 expert presentations on climate –smart agriculture published by FAO
Over 50 expert presentations have been given on different aspects of climate change and agriculture in the MICCA Programme webinars during the past 3 years. Examples include recent webinars on conservation agriculture and climate-smart & gender-sensitive aquaculture.
While some of the food system challenges facing humanity are local, in an interconnected world, adopting a global perspective is essential. Many environmental issues, such as climate change, need supranational commitments and action to be addressed effectively. Due to ever increasing global trade flows, prices of commodities are connected through space; a drought in Romania may thus increase the price of wheat in Zimbabwe.
More like this
- Online database on Sustainable Intensification in African agriculture.
- New climate-smart agriculture portal by CCAFS
- CCAFS annual report on advancing Climate-Smart Agriculture
- Paper by FCRN Network Member: From climate-smart agriculture to climate-smart landscapes
- FAO report "Designing Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture Investments: Checklist and guidance for programme formulation”