Centre for Food Policy Highlights of 2019
This report outlines the 2019 activities of the Centre for Food Policy at City, University of London.
The report covers:
- The Centre’s MSc in Food Policy
- Short Continuing Professional Development courses developed during 2019
- Details of what MSc alumni have done since finishing the course
- Research, including health and sustainability in South African food systems, UK food governance and the disconnection between agriculture and health.
- Impacts, including work on London’s Child Obesity Taskforce and the EAT-Lancet Commission.
- Events: the 2019 City Food Symposium
Europe is the world's second-smallest continent by surface area, covering just over 10 million square kilometres or 6.8% of the global land area, but it is the third-most populous continent after Asia and Africa, with a population of around 740 million people or about 11% of the world's population. Its climate is heavily affected by warm Atlantic currents that temper winters and summers on much of the continent. In the European Union, farmers represent only 4.7% of the working population, yet manage nearly half of its land area.