Eating better report: The future of eating is flexitarian
This report from The Eating Better Alliance looks at the role of business in leading the way to help people make healthy and sustainable choices, including shifting to more plant-based eating with less and better meat.
The future of eating is flexitarian highlights over 20 companies that are leading the way in helping people make the shift –from food retailers and brands, to high street restaurant chains and food producers.
This report argues that dietary change is an immediate priority to meet the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement commitments on limiting rising temperatures. (See the new FCRN forum for civil society organisations working on this issue here, and sign up to join here).
While some of the food system challenges facing humanity are local, in an interconnected world, adopting a global perspective is essential. Many environmental issues, such as climate change, need supranational commitments and action to be addressed effectively. Due to ever increasing global trade flows, prices of commodities are connected through space; a drought in Romania may thus increase the price of wheat in Zimbabwe.
More like this
- WWF publishes the new and updated Livewell Plates along with report ‘Eating for 2 degrees’
- Plant-based profits: investment risks and opportunities in sustainable food systems
- Rise in Flexitarianism in the Netherlands
- Study: corporations perceived as being greener than they actually are
- Kid's advertising can Influence adult brand loyalty