Event recording: Cities & climate change science conference (CitiesIPCC)
North America is the northern subcontinent of the Americas covering about 16.5% of the Earth's land area. This large continent has a range of climates spanning Greenland’s permanent ice sheet and the dry deserts of Arizona. Both Canada and the USA are major food producers and some of the largest food exporters in the world. Industrial farms are the norm in North America, with high yields relative to other regions and only 2% of the population involved in agriculture.
More like this
- Webinar recording: Methane and global warming in the 21st century
- Interactive guide: Understanding food and climate change
- Report: Climate change & food systems: Assessing impacts and opportunities
- Watch: Recordings of side events of the FAO 40th conference on four dimensions of climate change
- EU reports lowest green-house gas emissions on record