Language to increase consumption of plant-based foods
The Better Buying Lab at the World Resources Institute has published a summary of two workshops. The workshops, which brought together over 50 people from the academic community and the food industry, identified research questions on how to increase consumption of plant-based foods by changing the language used to describe it.
The five questions are:
- How do we improve our knowledge base on how language influences food choice?
- What can we learn from current plant-based food language?
- What language is the most effective for plant-based food?
- What are the key segments to target and how do we appeal to them?
- What’s the best way to get improved language adopted at scale?
Read the full workshop summary here. See also the Foodsource chapter What can be done to shift eating patterns in healthier, more sustainable directions?