Less and Better takes off - impact report by Eating Better
Europe is the world's second-smallest continent by surface area, covering just over 10 million square kilometres or 6.8% of the global land area, but it is the third-most populous continent after Asia and Africa, with a population of around 740 million people or about 11% of the world's population. Its climate is heavily affected by warm Atlantic currents that temper winters and summers on much of the continent. In the European Union, farmers represent only 4.7% of the working population, yet manage nearly half of its land area.
More like this
- Changing food cultures: challenges and opportunities for UK agriculture
- Alternative proteins: health, environment, narratives and politics
- Eating like there's no tomorrow: Public awareness of the environmental impact of food and reluctance to eat less meat as part of a sustainable diet
- Influencing farmers' decision-making behaviour
- Policy principles for sustainable food systems in Europe