Online resource: an overview of research on ecological agriculture
An online overview of agroecology research is currently being conducted in the UK by the Ecological Land Cooperative. A mixed professional and volunteer research team was commissioned to: 1) review research on ecological agriculture in the United Kingdom; and 2) provide a database of existing research. The overview is freely accessible and it was developed to inform both on-going research work and those working in the field of agroecology.
In particular, the review provides a resource for anyone conducting or intending to conduct research in this field, as well as providing simple access to information to inform evidence based practice for agroecological land users.
The team intends to keep the overview as current and up to date as possible by adding new research papers and initiatives to the site on an on-going basis; if you would like to suggest content to be added, please consider sending an email.
Europe is the world's second-smallest continent by surface area, covering just over 10 million square kilometres or 6.8% of the global land area, but it is the third-most populous continent after Asia and Africa, with a population of around 740 million people or about 11% of the world's population. Its climate is heavily affected by warm Atlantic currents that temper winters and summers on much of the continent. In the European Union, farmers represent only 4.7% of the working population, yet manage nearly half of its land area.
More like this
- Rothamsted Archive of long-term agricultural experiments
- NDC explorer, an online tool for comparing national climate action plans
- Book: An Introduction to the Green Economy Science, Systems and Sustainability
- An overview of climate change adaptation in the Australian agricultural sector's impacts, options and priorities.
- Comparison of UK industrial and agro-ecological farming