Smartphone apps and ecolabels
An article in Foodnavigator suggests that smart barcodes will replace eco labels, as they have the potential to provide shoppers with a far greater amount of information than a pack label can.
The article highlights the GoodGuide smartphone app – you can find out more about how it works here. I think it just covers US products and I don’t have a smartphone anyway, but if any FCRN member has used this app and has feedback on how useful it is, please do send it through - you can post to this page.
More like this
- App to help restaurants and caterers score the sustainability and health impacts of meals
- Food Switch app to help consumers make healthier food choices
- Mass food and nutrition data available to the Swiss public through website
- App launched to help consumers reduce food waste
- Feedback for web-based tool for visualising future climate impacts on agricultural systems