UN-REDD launches New “UN-REDD Report” Series
In its first “UN-REDD Report”, the Programme explores the linkage between deforestation and the agricultural sector and suggests ways forward for consolidating the global agendas of curbing climate change and ensuring food security for all.
While some of the food system challenges facing humanity are local, in an interconnected world, adopting a global perspective is essential. Many environmental issues, such as climate change, need supranational commitments and action to be addressed effectively. Due to ever increasing global trade flows, prices of commodities are connected through space; a drought in Romania may thus increase the price of wheat in Zimbabwe.
More like this
- ITC Technical Paper: Product Carbon Footprinting Standards in the Agri-food Sector
- Climate Change IPCC 2013: The psysical science basis- GreenFacts summary
- First edition of the Global Land Outlook published by the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
- Now available in Spanish: Nordic solutions menu
- Briefing papers from Terrestrial Carbon Group