Video: When Fake 'Super Meat' Is Better Than the Real Thing
This video portrays the work of Beyond Meat, a company focusing on creating plant-based meat. Their "chicken" and "ground beef" comes from a soy-protein-based hamburger patty.
Europe is the world's second-smallest continent by surface area, covering just over 10 million square kilometres or 6.8% of the global land area, but it is the third-most populous continent after Asia and Africa, with a population of around 740 million people or about 11% of the world's population. Its climate is heavily affected by warm Atlantic currents that temper winters and summers on much of the continent. In the European Union, farmers represent only 4.7% of the working population, yet manage nearly half of its land area.
More like this
- Report: FDF's environmental ambition: Progress report 2017
- Premier Foods moves forward target on sustainable palm oil
- Eating Better survey on 'less and better' meat shows growing consumer awareness & interest
- UK councils call for more recyclable food packaging
- Meat company Tyson invests in lab-grown meat company Memphis Meats