Videos: Outputs from “Valuing our Life Support Systems” now online
You can now view videos of all key note presentations from the Natural Capital Initiative's second “Valuing our Life Support Systems 2014” event. You can also view and download power point presentations given by key note and session speakers. The NCI report of the meeting in its entirety will be published in early spring.
While some of the food system challenges facing humanity are local, in an interconnected world, adopting a global perspective is essential. Many environmental issues, such as climate change, need supranational commitments and action to be addressed effectively. Due to ever increasing global trade flows, prices of commodities are connected through space; a drought in Romania may thus increase the price of wheat in Zimbabwe.
More like this
- Online tools to help farmers find land
- New interactive maps of global cropland now available online
- New data dashboard showing key indicators of our changing climate
- Slides from interdisciplinary workshop available: Towards food system transparency
- Launch of web app to support climate smart agriculture