Emission savings due to menu engineering
IntoFood is a Norwegian-based organisation which helps food companies to report on sustainability and create greener menu offerings, led by FCRN member Will Nicholson. They have completed a project with ISS, a large catering company, in which they generated new menu information including carbon footprint data for all of the 2000+ recipes in ISS’ menu management system.
Europe is the world's second-smallest continent by surface area, covering just over 10 million square kilometres or 6.8% of the global land area, but it is the third-most populous continent after Asia and Africa, with a population of around 740 million people or about 11% of the world's population. Its climate is heavily affected by warm Atlantic currents that temper winters and summers on much of the continent. In the European Union, farmers represent only 4.7% of the working population, yet manage nearly half of its land area.
More like this
- Videos from Consensus research project on sustainable household consumption
- Video: When Fake 'Super Meat' Is Better Than the Real Thing
- Young Germans increasingly prone to be vegetarians
- Lost water and nitrogen resources due to EU consumer food waste
- Sweden’s supermarkets campaign to reduce meat consumption