Global meat news survey report on industry trends and impacts
A Global Meat News survey of top industry professionals analysing trading trends and impacts on the meat industry globally shows that most respondents (24%) stated that the pressure to limit meat consumption was the factor that hit the industry as a whole the hardest in 2016.
The State of the Industry: Global Meat 2017 report highlights trends across the international animal protein sector, based on answers from top meat industry professionals. The second largest impact according to respondents was China’s growing demand for imported meat, especially pork.
While some of the food system challenges facing humanity are local, in an interconnected world, adopting a global perspective is essential. Many environmental issues, such as climate change, need supranational commitments and action to be addressed effectively. Due to ever increasing global trade flows, prices of commodities are connected through space; a drought in Romania may thus increase the price of wheat in Zimbabwe.
More like this
- Greenhouse gas emissions from pig and poultry production sectors in China from 1960 to 2010
- Book: Pig tales: An omnivore's quest for sustainable meat
- Eating Better survey on 'less and better' meat shows growing consumer awareness & interest
- Summary of consumption changes of meat and dairy products in China over 22 years
- Organic food and farming in China