New Food Systems Academy – an open education resource
This website, curated by Geoff Tansey, provides a series of open access online talks, for use by those teaching some aspect of food and farming – but open to anyone to watch. The aim is to provide an overview of the complex and multidisciplinary nature of food systems.
Read more about the initiative on their website.
While some of the food system challenges facing humanity are local, in an interconnected world, adopting a global perspective is essential. Many environmental issues, such as climate change, need supranational commitments and action to be addressed effectively. Due to ever increasing global trade flows, prices of commodities are connected through space; a drought in Romania may thus increase the price of wheat in Zimbabwe.
More like this
- New Food Citizenship website from the Food Ethics Council
- New campaign, launch 10th November: Are you #vegcurious?
- New report says government ‘not serious’ about improving Britain’s diet
- New SUSFANS consortium builds framework to underpin EU-wide food policies
- Videos: ESRC seminar series, “The fruits of our labour- Work, labour and the political economy of our food system”