Video: Explaining climate facts – what is climate balance?
This is the first of a series of videos explaining the basic facts about climate change, its causes and consequences. It is produced by GreenFacts , an organisation dedicated to publishing accessible and peer-reviewed summaries of major international scientific documents independent experts.
The video series is made in the context of the Conference of the Parties (COP21) on climate change which will take place in December this year.
See the full video here.
While some of the food system challenges facing humanity are local, in an interconnected world, adopting a global perspective is essential. Many environmental issues, such as climate change, need supranational commitments and action to be addressed effectively. Due to ever increasing global trade flows, prices of commodities are connected through space; a drought in Romania may thus increase the price of wheat in Zimbabwe.
More like this
- Ted talk videos: What’s wrong with what we eat?
- Free webinars: Climate change urban food initiative
- A Special GreenFacts Newsletter: Keys Facts on climate, climate change, its consequences and energy management challenges
- New data dashboard showing key indicators of our changing climate
- Podcast video: Climate Geoengineering